From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Year 111 After the Conquest (111 AC) is a year in the Westerosi calendar, the 111th after Aegon's crowning in Oldtown that maesters and educated people use as a reference to date the years.
In 111 AC, the two factions that had formed at court received the names by which they would pass to history: the greens and the blacks, as per the colors that Queen Alicent Hightower and Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen wore on the opening feast of a great tourney held in King's Landing to celebrate the fifth anniversary of King Viserys I's marriage to Alicent.
- A great tournament is held in King's Landing to honor of the five year anniversary of the marriage of King Viserys I Targaryen and Queen Alicent Hightower.
- In the opening feast, Alicent wears a green gown and Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen dresses in the black and red colors of her house. Henceforth, the queen’s party and the party of the princess would be known as the "greens" and the "blacks".
- Ser Criston Cole, wearing Rhaenyra’s favor, unhorses all the green champions, including Ser Gwayne Hightower and two of Queen Alicent's cousins.
- Prince Daemon Targaryen shows up at the tourney, kneels before the king and offers him the crown of the Stepstones. The two brothers are reconciled and Daemon returns to court.
- Half a year after the tourney, King Viserys exiles Daemon again.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Viserys I.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 The Rogue Prince.