Year 282 After the Conquest (282 AC) is a year in the Westerosi calendar, the 282nd after Aegon's crowning in Oldtown that maesters and educated people use as a reference to date the years.
282 AC saw the beginning of an uprising against House Targaryen, originating with the disappearance of Lyanna Stark, which was attributed to Prince Rhaegar as him having kidnapped her. This sparked a reaction from Lyanna's eldest brother, Brandon Stark, who road to the gated of the Red Keep in King's Landing and threathened Prince Rhaegar's life. Though Rhaegar himself was not present, King Aerys II Targaryen was, and he ordered Brandon's arrest. Brandon's father Rickard was summoned to King's Landing as well, and in the trial that followed, both Brandon and Rickard were killed. King Aerys was not yet statisfied, however, and ordered Jon Arryn to send him the heads of Robert Baratheon and Eddard Stark, his two wards. Jon Arryn refused, and raised his banners instead. Thus began a war that would later be known under the names Robert's Rebellion, the War of the Usurper, or simply the rebellion. The war lasted all through the year, and most of the next year, and saw some major battles.
- (Possibly) Gregor Clegane is knighted by Rhaegar Targaryen. Gregor has two possible years in which he was knighted: 281 AC and 282 AC. (See Gregor Clegane's Knighthood).
- Crown Prince Rhaegar Targaryen disappears with Lyanna Stark.
- Brandon Stark, while on his way to Riverrun for his wedding to Catelyn Tully, learns of Lyanna's disappearance and goes to King's Landing instead, where he is imprisoned. His companions, who had accompanied him to King's Landing, are all arrested as well.
- Rickard Stark and other nobles (200 men in total) are called to King's Landing, where they are executed with their sons.
- King Aerys II Targaryen orders Jon Arryn to send him the heads of Robert Baratheon and Eddard Stark, who had been Arryn's wards. Jon refuses and raises his banners in revolt instead. This marks the beginning of Robert's Rebellion.
- Jon Arryn and Robert Baratheon fight the loyalist lords of the Vale in the taking of Gulltown.
- Eddard Stark and Robert Baratheon both depart to the north and the stormlands respectively, to raise their banners.
- The battles at Summerhall are fought. Robert Baratheon fights three battles in one day, defeating three independent loyalist forces before they could converge upon him. The Lords Grandison, Cafferen, and Fell all fall to Robert. Fell dies, and Grandison and Cafferen are taken captive and brought to Storm's End.
- The Battle of Ashford is fought. Randyll Tarly defeats Robert Baratheon at Ashford, before the bulk of Mace Tyrell's forces arrive. Robert is forced to flee.
- The siege of Storm's End by Lord Mace Tyrell and Lord Paxter Redwyne begins.
- Lord Owen Merryweather is removed from the office of Hand of the King. Instead, the office is bestowed upon young Lord Jon Connington.
- Alyx Frey, daughter of Symond Frey and Betharios of Braavos.
- Amerei Frey, daughter of Merrett Frey and Mariya Darry.
- Lancel Lannister, son of Kevan Lannister and Dorna Swyft.
- Loras Tyrell, son of Mace Tyrell and Alerie Hightower.
- The Pisswater prince, an infant of similar age as Prince Aegon Targaryen.
- Brandon Stark, strangled by order of Aerys II.
- Rickard Stark, burned alive by order of Aerys II.
- Lord Fell, slain by Robert Baratheon during the battles at Summerhall
- ↑ See the calculation for: Alyx Frey)
- ↑ See the calculation for: Amerei Frey
- ↑ See the calculation for: Lancel Lannister
- ↑ See the calculation for: Loras Tyrell