From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Year 41 After the Conquest (41 AC) is a year in the Westerosi calendar, the 41st after Aegon's crowning in Oldtown that maesters and educated people use as a reference to date the years.
It was the first year of the Faith Militant uprising, sparked by the announcement by king Aenys of the marriage between his son Aegon and his daughter Rhaena. The Starry Sept condemned the incestuous union, and expelled Septon Murmison from the Faith for having performed the nuptials. Murmison was murdered by an angry mob , and by the end of the year much of the realm had risen against House Targaryen.
- Prince Aegon Targaryen marries his sister, Princess Rhaena Targaryen.
- Prince Aegon Targaryen is named Prince of Dragonstone.
- The incestuous marriage of Prince Aegon and Princess Rhaena causes the Faith Militant uprising to begin.
- King Aenys I Targaryen abandons King's Landing for the safety of Dragonstone. By the end of the year, most of the realm had turned against him.
- King Aenys I falls ill.
- An envoy from the Iron Bank of Braavos travels to Oldtown to treat with Lord Hightower.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aenys I.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Sons of the Dragon.