Artos Stark, the Implacable
|Alias||Artos the Implacable|
|Born||In 186–223 AC|
|Died||In or after 226 AC|
Artos Stark, also known as Artos the Implacable, was a member of House Stark during the reign of King Maekar I Targaryen. He was the third son of Lord Beron Stark and Lady Lorra Royce.
It was said of Artos that he was the most fearsome warrior of his age.
When King-Beyond-the-Wall Raymun Redbeard went over the Wall in 226 AC, Lord Willam Stark called his banners and marched north. Artos was among those who went with him. During the battle at Long Lake, Willam was killed. Artos slew Raymun during the battle, ending the wildling threat. The Night's Watch arrived too late to take part in the battle and for their tardiness, Artos ordered them to dispose of the dead.
Although he was never Lord of Winterfell, he has a statue in the crypts beneath Winterfell.
Artos was married to Lysara Karstark and had twin sons, Brandon and Benjen Stark, who both had issue.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 69, Bran VII.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 7, Jon II.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 See the Artos Stark calculation.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Stark Lineage.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Wall and Beyond: The Wildlings.