A moratorium is in effect on adding information from Fire and Blood until December 20th.
Battle at the Horns of Hazzat
|Battle at the Horns of Hazzat|
|Conflict||Targaryen campaign in Slaver's Bay|
|Place||Horns of Hazzat|
A battle at the Horns of Hazzat occurs during the Targaryen campaign in Slaver's Bay.
After the fall of Astapor, Daenerys Targaryen leaves a council to rule the city when she continues on to Yunkai. Cleon, a freed slave who worked as a butcher, takes control of Astapor, however, after killing the council. Cleon begins training new Unsullied after enslaving highborn Astapori youths.
Although Daenerys forces Yunkai to surrender its slaves, the Wise Masters of Yunkai resume slaving after Daenerys continues north to Meereen. Yunkai begins raising a new army of slave levies and sellswords. The Yunkai'i are joined by iron legions from New Ghis. The Yunkish host is presumably led by Yurkhaz zo Yunzak, the richest man of Yunkai.
After hearing of Cleon's defeat, Daenerys regrets not coming to his aid at Hazzat. However, Skahaz mo Kandaq reminds her that the Sons of the Harpy would try to take over Meereen if she left her city. Cleon is eventually killed by his own men when he orders them to attack the Yunkish host during the siege of Astapor. He is briefly succeeded by Cleon the Second.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 71, Daenerys VI.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 2, Daenerys I.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 16, Daenerys III.
- Yurkhaz is in command after the siege of Astapor in A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 25.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 25, The Windblown.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 30, Daenerys V.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 23, Daenerys IV.