Dermot of the Rainwood
|Alias||Dermot of the Rainwood|
Ser Dermot of the Rainwood is a famed hedge knight from the rainwood.
A Clash of Kings
Ser Dermot fights for Stannis Baratheon at the Battle of the Blackwater. He is captured and later bends the knee to King Joffrey I Baratheon.
A Feast for Crows
Dermot is spotted by Ser Jaime Lannister when he is riding at a quintain in the yard of the Red Keep. When he is practicing with other knights, King Tommen I Baratheon asks to take a turn. Dermot rides with Jaime to Riverrun and is assigned to carry the banner of Tommen. While dining at Darry, Dermot tells stories about being a hedge knight in the stormlands. Dermot commands the search north of the Red Fork after Ser Brynden Tully escapes from Riverrun, but returns without Brynden after being attacked by wolves, losing two sentries to them.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 24, Cersei V.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.
- Characters from the Stormlands
- Hedge knights
- Members of Joffrey I Baratheon's court
- Members of Tommen I Baratheon's court
- Supporters of Stannis Baratheon in the War of the Five Kings
- Supporters of Joffrey Baratheon in the War of the Five Kings
- Supporters of Tommen Baratheon in the War of the Five Kings
- Turncloaks in the War of the Five Kings