Dragonbone is a material that is created from the bones of dragons. It is used to make many items of value because of its rarity and its special properties.
Dragonbone is black due to its high iron content. It is as strong as other metals, such as steel, yet lighter and more flexible. Rare dragonbone bows are highly sought after, as they can outrange even goldenheart bows.
A Game of Thrones
Magister Illyrio Mopatis of Pentos trades in dragonbone. Viserys Targaryen fastens his hair with a dragonbone brooch. Qotho gifts Daenerys Targaryen a double-curved dragonbone bow which is taller than her. Dany later places a dragonbone bow on Drogo's funeral pyre and gives her own bow to Aggo.
A Storm of Swords
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: The Summer Isles.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 61, The Griffin Reborn.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 3, Daenerys I.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 11, Daenerys II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 72, Daenerys X.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 14, Catelyn III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 27, Daenerys III.