A Clash of Kings
One of the Mountain's men, Dunsen is part of the group that captures Arya Stark, Gendry, and Hot Pie in the riverlands. Because Dunsen takes the bull helm made by Gendry, Arya adds him to her prayer kill list.
Dunsen later departs Harrenhal alongside Lord Tywin Lannister as part of Ser Gregor Clegane's vanguard, unknowingly putting himself out of Arya's reach to choose him as her next target for Jaqen H'ghar. Polliver is seen wearing Gendry's bull helm as the standard bearer of Gregor when Tywin's army departs.
A Storm of Swords
Dunsen continues to be religiously included in Arya's death prayer list, though as time goes on she struggles to remember his face as well as the other marked members of Gregor's men-at-arms.
A Feast for Crows
Following the capture of Harrenhal, Dunsen becomes part of the castle's garrison with the remnants of Gregor's men-at-arms. Ser Jaime Lannister tasks Ser Ronnet Connington with escorting Ser Wylis Manderly to Maidenpool, with some of the Mountain's men under Ronnet's command.
A Dance with Dragons
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Dunsen.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 26, Arya VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 39, Arya VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Epilogue.