Eldon Estermont, art by Jen Zee ©.
|Born||In 228–232 AC|
Ser Eldon Estermont is a knight of House Estermont. He is around seventy years old. He is Lord of Greenstone in A Feast for Crows.
A Clash of Kings
At the onset of the War of the Five Kings, Eldon supports Renly Baratheon. After Renly's death, he goes over to Stannis Baratheon's side and fights in the Battle of the Blackwater.
A Storm of Swords
Following the defeat at the Blackwater Rush, Eldon is either captured or changes sides and is among the Estermonts who swear fealty to King Joffrey I Baratheon.
A Feast for Crows
Lord Eldon is betrothed and married to Sylva Santagar very quickly, as her punishment by the Prince of Dorne, Doran Martell, for having conspired with Princess Arianne Martell to place Princess Myrcella Baratheon on the Iron Throne.
A Dance with Dragons
Marq Mandrake takes the island of Estermont during the landing of the Golden Company.
The Appendix of A Feast for Crows states Eldon is the uncle of Stannis Baratheon, the father of Aemon Estermont, and the brother of Lomas Estermont. However, the Appendix of A Dance with Dragons states Eldon is the great-uncle of Stannis and has two sons, Aemon and Lomas. See House Estermont/Family Trees for more information about this topic.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 24, Cersei V.
- ↑ See the Eldon Estermont calculation.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 52, Sansa IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 61, The Griffin Reborn.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Epilogue.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Estermont.
- House Estermont
- Characters from the Stormlands
- Lords of Greenstone
- Supporters of Renly Baratheon in the War of the Five Kings
- Supporters of Stannis Baratheon in the War of the Five Kings
- Supporters of Joffrey Baratheon in the War of the Five Kings
- Supporters of Tommen Baratheon in the War of the Five Kings
- Turncloaks in the War of the Five Kings