Emeralds are green gemstones used for ornamentation.
Queen Cersei Lannister often wears emeralds which match her green eyes. She owns a tiara jeweled with emeralds and a woven belt studded with emeralds. Cersei has necklaces of emeralds and diamonds with emeralds. One of the queen's white gowns has swirls of tiny emeralds on its sleeves, and she also owns a golden hair net with larger emeralds. Cersei has emeralds the size of pigeon eggs on a golden ring and a necklace.
The arms of House Mudd depict a golden crown studded with emeralds.
Lord Renly Baratheon clasps his half cape with an emerald brooch.
Emeralds are among the decorations on the maester's chain of Grand Maester Pycelle.
Illyrio Mopatis has emeralds among his various rings.
Emeralds are among the gems adorning the nose of Xaro Xhoan Daxos.
Emeralds have been found in the Summer Isles and Sothoryos.
Racallio Ryndoon was known to freely give his possessions, such as emerald rings, to those who admired them.
At the tourney on Prince Joffrey's name day, Queen Cersei Lannister lost an emerald pendant by betting on her brother, Ser Jaime Lannister, who was unhorsed by Ser Loras Tyrell. The pendant was returned to the queen, however.
A Clash of Kings
Renly Baratheon wears a chain of gold and emeralds at the siege of Storm's End.
While in the House of the Undying, Daenerys Targaryen has a vision of a warrior in shining emerald armor.
During the Battle of the Blackwater, wildfire is reminiscent of jade and emerald.
A Storm of Swords
The seven-sided golden chalice given by Lord Mace Tyrell to King Joffrey I Baratheon has an emerald rose to represent House Tyrell.
A Feast for Crows
Queen Regent Cersei Lannister wears a new crown of pale spun gold set with emeralds.
She was as beautiful as men said. A jeweled tiara gleamed amidst her long golden hair, its emeralds a perfect match for the green of her eyes.—thoughts of Jon Snow
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 5, Jon I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 54, Tyrion XII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 41, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 72, Jaime IX.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 49, Eddard XIV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 20, Eddard IV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 1, Tyrion I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 16, Daenerys III.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: The Summer Isles.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Voyage of Alyn Oakenfist.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 18, Catelyn IV.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 48, Daenerys IV.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 58, Davos III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 62, Sansa VII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 59, Sansa IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 36, Cersei VIII.