The Fever River is a river in the Neck in the south of the north. Moat Cailin lies less than twenty miles from its headwaters. The mouth of the river opens to the Saltspear.
There were reports that Rhaena Targaryen and her dragon, Dreamfyre, were seen as far north as the barrowlands and the Fever River during her search for the missing Aerea Targaryen.
A Clash of Kings
Victarion Greyjoy sails the Iron Fleet up the Fever River and takes Moat Cailin, which lies nearby.
A Feast for Crows
Victarion sails from the Fever River, where the Iron Fleet had beached itself while holding Moat Cailin, to the kingsmoot on Old Wyk.
A Dance with Dragons
The Ryswells and Dustins surprise the remaining ironmen on the Fever River and manage to burn their ten longships.
Behind the Scenes
The Fever River is a reference by George R. R. Martin to his novel Fevre Dream, which is set on the Mississippi River.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 66, Theon VI.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 15, Davos II.
- ↑ Not A Blog: Black Friday Books, November 25, 2016