The flute is a musical instrument of the woodwind family. A musician who plays the flute is called a flutist.
A Storm of Swords
The flute is played, mixed with pipes and a harp, at the wedding ceremony of Tyrion Lannister and Sansa Stark.
Flutes are played, along with pipes, fiddles, horns, skins, and drums, at the Red Wedding.
During breakfast in the Queen's Ballroom, musicians stroll among the tables, piping and fluting and fiddling.
A flute accompanies Galyeon of Cuy's performance of his song about the Battle of the Blackwater.
A Feast for Crows
An ensemble of pipes, fiddles, a flute, and a high harp perform during the wedding feast of Tommen Baratheon and Margaery Tyrell.
Robert Arryn is soothed by the high harp, but frightened by flutes and fiddles.
A Dance with Dragons
Flutes and drums are played whilst Xaro Xhoan Daxos's naked slaves dance for Daenerys Targaryen.
At the port of Selhorys, Tyrion Lannister hears queer music close by, a thin high fluting accompanied by drums.
At the Yunkish camp near Meereen, one of Yurkhaz zo Yunzak's slaves plays a bone flute whilst his grotesquerie performed the evening's frolics.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 48, Daenerys IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 28, Sansa III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 59, Sansa IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 60, Tyrion VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 41, Alayne II.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 16, Daenerys III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 22, Tyrion VI.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 47, Tyrion X.