Gage eagerly awaits the return of game hunters to Winterfell. When there are lemons to be had, he makes lemoncakes for Sansa Stark. Gage also bakes pies of beef-and-bacon and steak-and-kidney.
A Game of Thrones
The direwolf Shaggydog bites Gage's arm. The captured wildling Osha is sent to work with Gage in the kitchen. The cook has a sexual relationship with Osha, who finds Gage gentler than Stiv. He lets her pray in the godswood of Winterfell from time to time.
A Clash of Kings
The Winds of Winter
|| Warning |
This information has thus far been released in a sample chapter for The Winds of Winter, and might therefore not be in finalized form. Keep in mind that the content as described below is still subject to change.
To verify her identity, Mors Umber asks "Arya Stark" (actually Jeyne Poole) for the name of Winterfell's cook. The girl answers with Gage's name, and Mors assumes the cook died during the sack of Winterfell.
Well, your dreams are your business. Mine's in the kitchens, and I'd best be getting back before Gage starts to shouting and waving that big wooden spoon of his.
Mors: When last I was inside those walls, your cook served us a steak and kidney pie. Made with ale, I think, best I ever tasted. What was his name, that cook?
Jeyne: Gage. He was a good cook. He would make lemoncakes for Sansa whenever we had lemons.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 8, Bran II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 4, Bran I.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 51, Jon VI.
- The Winds of Winter, Chapter , Theon.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 70, Jon IX.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 53, Bran VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 46, Bran VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 66, Theon VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 16, Bran II.