|Born||In 19–25 AC|
|Died||In or after 73 AC|
|Book(s)||Fire & Blood (mentioned)|
Garon Baratheon was a knight from House Baratheon during the reigns of kings Aegon I, Aenys I, Maegor I and Jaehaerys I Targaryen. He was a younger brother of Lord Rogar Baratheon of Storm's End.[N 3]
After both plots of Garon's eldest brother, Lord Rogar Baratheon, to set aside King Jaehaerys I Targaryen and crown another in his place, Rogar wrote a will and confession absolving Garon and his brothers Ser Borys and Ser Ronnal of having played any role in his plots. When Rogar was summoned to King's Landing by King Jaehaerys in 50 AC, Garon and his brother Ser Ronnal urged Rogar to defy the summons.
In 51 AC, Garon accompanied his brothers Lord Rogar and Ser Ronnal and Rogar's wife, the Dowager Queen Alyssa Velaryon, to King's Landing for the second wedding of King Jaehaerys to Queen Alysanne Targaryen.
After Lady Alyssa died in childbirth, Garon was sent by Lord Rogar to invite King Jaehaerys and Queen Alysanne to remain at Storm's End for a feast in honor of the birth of Rogar's daughter, Jocelyn.
In 61 AC, Garon was made regent for Rogar's heir, Boremund, as Rogar left to fight their brother Ser Borys and the Vulture King in the Third Dornish War. Garon called Rogar's plan "a fool's errand". Garon was present at his brother's side when Rogar died half a year after returning from battle.
|Unknown smallfolk woman|
|Unknown first wife||Rogar||Alyssa Velaryon||Borys||Unknown|
|Borros||Elenda Caron||Rhaenys Targaryen|
- Archmaester Gyldayn wrote "Rogar Baratheon was untouched by the Shivers, and his son and daughter by Queen Alyssa were stricken but recovered, yet his brother Ser Ronnal died, and the wives of both his brothers." As Orryn had already died and Borys was in exile in Essos at the time the Shivers spread in Westeros, Rogar's two remaining brothers, Garon and Ronnal, were the ones whose wives died of the disease.
- Archmaester Gyldayn wrote "Three of his [Rogar] brothers had young children who could be sent to court, he pointed out." (Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides - 49 AC) and "As it happened, the youngest of Lord Rogar’s brothers remained unwed as of 49 AC, and his lordship had two nephews by another brother who were also of a suitable age and lineage to be considered potential mates for a Targaryen widow, [...]." (Fire & Blood, A Time of Testing - The Realm Remade). Therefore, Borys, Garon, and Ronnal all had issue.
- Rogar was the eldest, Borys was the second born, and Orryn was the youngest. This leaves Garon and Ronnal for the third and fourth place in the birth order.
- Fire & Blood, Birth, Death, and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne: Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- See the Garon Baratheon calculation.
- Fire & Blood, A Surfeit of Rulers.
- Fire & Blood, A Time of Testing - The Realm Remade.
- Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.