|Title||Lord of the Crag|
|Spouse||Lady Sybell Spicer|
A Game of Thrones (mentioned)|
A Clash of Kings (appendix)
A Storm of Swords (mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (appears)
A Dance with Dragons (appendix)
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Robb conquers Gawen's castle with the storming of the Crag. Gawen's wife, Lady Sybell Spicer, and castellan, Ser Rolph Spicer, conspire with Lord Tywin Lannister. Gawen is freed from Seagard after his daughter, Jeyne, marries Robb Stark, King in the North, although they wed without his consent.
A Feast for Crows
Gawen is present at the siege of Riverrun. He is with the Lannister-Frey army urging the commanders to settle the siege peacefully, as he is worried about possible retaliations against his family who are within the castle. After Jaime negotiates Riverrun's surrender, Gawen travels with his family back to the Crag.
—thoughts of Jaime Lannister
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 19, Tyrion III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 14, Catelyn II.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Rolph Spicer.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 72, Jaime IX.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.