List of characters created for House of the Dragon
This page lists the characters that have been created for House of the Dragon, the television adaptation of Fire & Blood and have no equivalent counterpart in the books. The characters are listed according to their first appearance or mention in the series.
- 1 Season 1
- 1.1 Episode 1: The Heirs of the Dragon
- 1.2 Episode 2: The Rogue Prince
- 1.3 Episode 3: Second of His Name
- 1.4 Episode 4: King of the Narrow Sea
- 1.5 Episode 5: We Light the Way
- 1.6 Episode 6: The Princess and the Queen
- 1.7 Episode 7: Driftmark
- 1.8 Episode 8: The Lord of the Tides
- 1.9 Episode 9: The Green Council
- 1.10 Episode 10: The Black Queen
- 2 Season 2
- 3 Shrubbery
- 4 Book-characters given new names
- 5 See also
Episode 1: The Heirs of the Dragon
- Septa Marlow, a tutor of histories for the young Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen and Lady Alicent Hightower. (mentioned only)
- Maester Mickon, played by Mikhail Sen. He is a maester at the Red Keep assisting Grand Maester Mellos.
- Captain Randyll Barret, played by Frankie Wilson. He is a captain of the City Watch of King's Landing, a friend and a lickspittle of Prince Daemon Targaryen.
- Elinor Stokeworth, the daughter of Lord Stokeworth. (mentioned only)
- Lord Beric Dondarrion, played by Paul Leonard. He is the Lord of Blackhaven and son of Lord Simon Dondarrion.
Episode 2: The Rogue Prince
- Ser Desmond Caron (uncredited). He is a son of Ser Royce Caron.
- Ser Rymun Mallister, played by Tony Woodhead. He is a son of Lord Lymond Mallister.
- Ser Arlan Dondarrion, a knight of House Dondarrion who knighted Ser Criston Cole. His relation to Lord Dondarrion is unknown. (mentioned only)
Episode 3: Second of His Name
- Brett Lannister, played by Thom Ashley. He is a member of House Lannister.
- Lady Ceira Lannister, played by Lucy Briers. She is the widowed mother of Lord Jason Lannister and Ser Tyland Lannister
- Ser Howland Sharp, played by Edward Rowe. He is the Royal Huntsman.
- Samwell, played by Jonny Weldon. He is a singer and lutenist at the Red Keep.
- Lady Lynesse Hightower, played by Alana Ramsey. She is the wife of Lord Hobert Hightower.
- Lady Joselyn Redwyne, played by Joanna David. She is either the head of House Redwyne or the wife of Lord Redwyne.
- Ser Addam, played by Oscar Salem. He is a knight sworn to House Targaryen.
Episode 4: King of the Narrow Sea
- Willem Blackwood, played by Alfie Todd. He is a suitor to Rhaenyra Targaryen. He is based on Samwell Blackwood from the books.
- Jerrel Bracken, played by Gabriel Scott. He is a son of Lord Humfrey Bracken and a suitor to Rhaenyra Targaryen. He is based on Ser Amos Bracken from the books.
- Captain Oswin, the captain of the royal flagship. (mentioned only)
- Ser Soren, played by Ben Dilloway. He is a knight sworn to House Hightower.
- Annora, a servant of Rhaenyra Targaryen. (mentioned only)
Episode 5: We Light the Way
Episode 6: The Princess and the Queen
- Talya, played by Alexis Raben. She is a lady-in-waiting to Alicent Hightower.
- Eddard (uncredited). He is a servant of Viserys I Targaryen.
Episode 7: Driftmark
Episode 8: The Lord of the Tides
Episode 9: The Green Council
- Jon, played by Oliver Grange. He is King Viserys's attendant.
- Jayne, played by Nina Barker-Francis. She is working for Mysaria.
Episode 10: The Black Queen
- Ser Martin Reyne, played by Barney Fishwick.
- Paxter Strong, played by Graeme McKnight.
- Eddard Waters, played by Tok Stephen.
- Leon Estermont, played by Ralph Davis.
The text Shrubbery, Being a History on the Flora of the Valyrian Freehold was written for House of the Dragon and submitted to language consultant David J. Peterson to be translated into High Valyrian. The prop is used in "The Princess and the Queen" but its contents are not shown on-screen. It introduces the following original characters:
- Maester Mikkellion, a historian living during the late reign of Aegon I Targaryen. (mentioned only)
- Jaehaelor Mataeryon, a dragonlord and gardener who was in the Forest of Qohor during the Doom of Valyria. (mentioned only)
- Narha, Jaehaelor's bedslave. (mentioned only)
Book-characters given new names
- Lord Hobert Hightower, played by Steffan Rhodri. Only named "Lord Hightower" in the books. ("The Heirs of the Dragon")
- Lord Lucas Blackwood, the Lord of Raventree during Aegon's Conquest. Only named "Lord Blackwood" in the books. (mentioned only) ("King of the Narrow Sea")
- Lord Allun Caswell, played by Paul Hickey. Only named "Lord Caswell" in the books. ("The Princess and the Queen")
- Prince Reggio Haratis, played by Dean Nolan. He is only referred to as the "Prince of Pentos" in the books. The Haratis family exists in the books as Gessio Haratis was a Pentoshi author living during the Century of Blood. ("The Princess and the Queen")
- Lord Simon Staunton, played by Michael Elwyn. Only named "Lord Staunton" in the books. ("The Black Queen")