|Title||Lord of the Hornwood|
|Died||In 298 AC, the Green Fork|
|Spouse||Lady Donella Manderly|
Halys Hornwood[N 1] is Lord of the Hornwood and head of House Hornwood. He is the husband of Lady Donella Manderly and the father of a trueborn heir, Daryn, and a natural son, Larence Snow.
Halys is jovial and ever-obliging.
A Game of Thrones
Lord Halys goes to Winterfell when Robb Stark calls the banners. He gives gifts to Robb in hopes that he will give him leave to dam the White Knife, hunting privileges north of a ridge, and a holdfast taken from his grandfather. He is sent with Lord Roose Bolton when the northern army splits at the Twins. He is killed at the Battle of the Green Fork. Halys' son and heir, Daryn, is slain at the dies around the same time as Halys.
A Clash of Kings
Halys' widow, Lady Donella Hornwood, rules House Hornwood after him as their son, Daryn, was slain at the battle in the Whispering Wood around the time of Halys' death.
- ↑ In A Clash of Kings, Bran II he is first called Harys before being called Halys. He is called Halys in the Appendix of A Feast for Crows as well.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 20, Reek II.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 53, Bran VI.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn VIII.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 63, Catelyn X.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 16, Bran II.