|House Beesbury of Honeyholt|
|Coat of arms||
Three yellow beehives on a black pale over a paly black and yellow field|
(Paly or and sable, on a pale of the last three beehives of the first)
|Head||Lord Warryn Beesbury|
|Title||Lord of Honeyholt|
|Founder||Ellyn Ever Sweet|
House Beesbury of Honeyholt is a minor noble house from the Reach, sworn to the Hightowers. Honeyholt is located next to the Honeywine river, which flows towards Oldtown and the Whispering Sound.
Their arms are three yellow beehives on a black pale over a paly black and yellow field. Their words do not appear in the books, but according to semi-canon sources it is "Beware our Sting".
Ser Braxton Beesbury was a favorite of Princess Saera Targaryen. After he was embroiled in a scandal with the princess, King Jaehaerys I Targaryen sentenced Braxton to mutilation. Allowed to choose a trial by combat as a knight, Braxton was slain in a duel with Jaehaerys.
Lord Lyman Beesbury was the master of coin and a member of the small council during the reigns of Jaehaerys and King Viserys I Targaryen. He was slain at the start of the Dance of the Dragons. His grandson, Ser Alan Beesbury, was captured in the Battle on the Honeywine.
Lords Beesbury, Costayne, and Redwyne escorted the High Septon to King's Landing for the wedding of King Aegon III Targaryen and Queen Jaehaera Targaryen. After the queen's death, Lady Samantha Tarly included a Beesbury among the maidens of the Reach whom Aegon could marry.
During the tourney at Ashford Meadow, Ser Humfrey Beesbury splintered twelve lances against Ser Humfrey Hardyng in a match the smallfolk called "the Battle of the Humfreys". Humfrey Beesbury, who happened to be brother by marriage to Humfrey Hardyng, took part in the trial of seven on behalf of Ser Duncan the Tall. Humfrey Beesbury was slain in the first charge by Ser Donnel of Duskendale from the Kingsguard.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
House Beesbury at the end of the third century
The known Beesburys during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Warryn Beesbury, Lord of Honeyholt.
With unspecified familiar relationship with the lord of the house there are also:
- Ser Bertram Beesbury, a red-faced knight.
- Ser Hugh Beesbury, a young knight.
- Jeyne Beesbury, married to Rhaegar Frey. Mother to three Freys (Robert, Walda, and Jonos)
- Beony Beesbury, married to Ser Raymund Frey. Mother to seven Freys (Robert, Malwyn, Serra, Sarra, Cersei, Jaime, and Tywin).
- Alys Beesbury, married to Leo Tyrell, from a secondary branch of the Tyrells. Mother to five Tyrells (Alla, Leona, Lyonel, Lucas, and Lorent).
- Ellyn Ever Sweet, founder of the House.
- Dickon Flowers, known as the "Bastard of Beesbury".
- Lord Beesbury, father of Braxton Beesbury.
- Lord Lyman Beesbury, master of coin, during the reigns of Jaehaerys I and Viserys I Targaryen.
- Ser Humfrey Beesbury, a participant at the Ashford tourney in 209 AC.
- Lord Ben Beesbury, an old, blind and toothless man who died during the later years of King Robert I Baratheon's reign.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 40, Princess In The Tower.
- The Hedge Knight.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 62, Jaime VII.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Reach
- The Citadel. House Mottoes
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: Garth Greenhand.
- Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragons.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.
- See the Ben Beesbury calculation.