From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Blackbar of Bandallon|
|Coat of arms||Argent, a fess sable|
House Blackbar of Bandallon is a noble house from Bandallon in the Reach. According to semi-canon sources, the Blackbars blazon their shields with a black fess on silver.
Lord Blackbar hosted King Jaehaerys I Targaryen at Bandallon in 89 AC. His youngest daughter tried to seduce the king, but Jaehaerys rebuffed her.
A Clash of Kings
House Blackbar declares for Renly Baratheon during the War of the Five Kings.
House Blackbar at the end of the third century
The known Blackbars during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Leo Blackbar. He is married to Olene Tyrell.
- Lord Blackbar ruling in 89 AC.
- Ser Elwood Blackbar, who participated in the tourney at Ashford Meadow in 209 AC.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: In the Reach
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne: Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ The Hedge Knight, Graphic Novel.