|House Buckwell of the Antlers|
Pride and Purpose
|Coat of arms||
A rack of golden antlers, on a field of vair|
(Vair, a stag's attire or)
|Overlord||House Baratheon of King's Landing|
House Buckwell of the Antlers is a noble house from Antlers in the crownlands. They are sworn to the Iron Throne. According to semi-canon sources they blazon their arms with a rack of golden antlers on vair. Their words are "Pride and Purpose".
When the realm began to turn against King Maegor I Targaryen for Prince Jaehaerys Targaryen, Lord Buckwell was among the score of lesser lords who gathered at his command. However, when Maegor mysteriously died upon the Iron Throne, Lords Buckwell and Rollingford sailed for Pentos.
A Clash of Kings
Ser Jarman Buckwell commands the scouts during the great ranging of the Night's Watch from Castle Black.
A Storm of Swords
Jarman survives the fight at the Fist and is among the few survivors to return to Castle Black.
A Dance with Dragons
Jon Snow, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, thinks of Jarman as one of the good men lost by the Watch.
House Buckwell at the end of the third century
The known Buckwells during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Jarman Buckwell, a knight of the Night's Watch.
- Lord Buckwell, one of King Maegor I Targaryen's last supporters.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the area of King's Landing
- ↑ The Citadel. House Mottoes
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Prince into King - The Ascension of Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 13, Jon II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 48, Daenerys IV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 21, Jon V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.