|House Bulwer of Blackcrown|
|Coat of arms||
A bull's skull, bone over blood|
(Sanguine, a bull's skull argent)
|Words||Death Before Disgrace|
|Head||Lady Alysanne Bulwer|
|Title||Lord of Blackcrown|
|Founder||Bors the Breaker|
|Founded||Age of Heroes|
According to legend, House Bulwer descends from the Bors the Breaker. Ser Buford Bulwer fought at the Battle of the Redgrass Field, where he slew forty men, or so he claimed. He also attended the Whitewalls Tourney. Ser Buford, or mayhaps mistakingly called Ser Theomore, was defeated by Ser Uthor Underleaf in five tilts. Ser Humphrey Bulwer attended the Tourney at Ashford Meadow.
In more recent years, Lord Jon Bulwer, the father of the current lady of the house, died of a summer fever.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Lady Merryweather reports to Queen Cersei rumors that Megga Tyrell is planning to wed Lady Bulwer's brother. It is unknown if this Lady Bulwer refers to Alysanne, and if so why did he not inherit the lordship.
A Dance with Dragons
House Bulwer at the end of the third century
The known Bulwers during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lady Alysanne Bulwer, the Lady of Blackcrown. A young girl.
With unspecified familiar relationship with the lord of the house there are also:
Maester Normund, counselor, healer, and tutor. Formerly of House Tyrell.
- Bors the Breaker, founder of House Bulwer.
- Ser Buford Bulwer, a knight.
- Ser Humphrey Bulwer, a knight.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Reach
- The Citadel. House Mottoes
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 6, Sansa I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 16, Sansa II.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 64, Jon VIII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 5, Samwell I.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 24, Cersei V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 39, Cersei IX.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 28, Cersei VI.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 7, Jon II.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 28, Jon VI.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 31, Melisandre I.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.