|House Errol of Haystack Hall|
|Coat of arms||
A yellow haystack, on an orange field|
(Tenné, a haystack or)
|Title||Lord of Haystack Hall|
Neither their arms or their words appear in the text. According to semi-canon sources they blazon their shield as a yellow haystack on orange.
During Aegon's Conquest, Lords Errol, Fell, and Buckler attacked Orys Baratheon's host as he crossed the Wendwater. The lords later hid in the kingswood, but Visenya Targaryen set the forests ablaze with Meraxes. Lord Errol was killed prior to the Last Storm.
A Clash of Kings
House Errol is one of the houses from the stormlands that supports Renly Baratheon when the War of the Five Kings starts, but they turn to Stannis Baratheon after Renly's death. Ser Cortnay Penrose acknowledges the presence of the great lords Estermont, Errol and Varner during his parley with Stannis. It is unknown if this is Lady Shyra Errol or her successor, Lord Sebastion Errol.
A Dance with Dragons
House Errol at the end of the third century
The known Errols during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Stormlands
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Haystack Hall.