|Coat of arms||
A fool in red and gold motley juggling five suns, on a black field|
(Sable, a fool proper clothed in motley gules and or, juggling five suns-in-splendour of the last)
House Falwell is a noble house from the westerlands sworn to House Lannister of Casterly Rock. They blazon their shields with a fool in red and gold motley juggling five suns on black.
Lord Rupert Falwell, the Fighting Fool, participated in the battle at the Great Fork in 42 AC during the Faith Militant uprising. He slew two members of Maegor I Targaryen's Kingsguard before being cut down by Lord Mooton of Maidenpool. Maegor I later used Balerion to set aflame the seat of the Falwells.
During the misrule of Lord Tytos Lannister, Lords Falwell and Jast became embroiled in a private quarrel. Rather than seek a ruling from Casterly Rock, the lords decided to settle the matter with a melee. Nine men were killed, twenty-seven maimed and wounded, and still the quarrel raged on.
A Clash of Kings
The Falwell colors are spotted by Arya Stark among the banners of Lord Tywin Lannister's army as it leaves Harrenhal.
House Falwell at the end of the third century
The known Falwells during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- No member of this house has appeared.
- Lord Rupert Falwell, known as the "Fighting Fool", who fought against Maegor I Targaryen.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ Georgerrmartin.com: georgerrmartin.com Unabridged version of "The Westerlands" chapter from The World of Ice & Fire
- ↑ The Sons of the Dragon.