House Lannister of Lannisport
|House Lannister of Lannisport|
House Lannister of Lannisport is an ancient branch of House Lannister in the westerlands who live in the city of Lannisport, rather than the main branch's seat of Casterly Rock. Members of the family often have the same blond hair as the main branch.
According to semi-canon sources they rule the city or are at least gentry. Lannisport is also home to the more distantly related Lannetts, Lantells, and Lannys.
Lannisters from Casterly Rock developed Lannisport from a village into a town and then into a city. The Lannisters of Lannisport prospered off of trade, building walls to defend the city, while the Lannisters of Casterly Rock became the Kings of the Rock.
Ser Emory Hill, the Bastard of Lannisport, joined Lord Jason Lannister's host during the Dance of the Dragons, declaring for King Aegon II Targaryen. Ser Emory was among the notable casualties during the Battle by the Lakeshore. During the absence of much of the westerland's strength, Lord Dalton Greyjoy sacked Lannisport and took a Lannister of Lannisport as a salt wife.
During the reign of King Jaehaerys II Targaryen, two Lannisters of Lannisport were captured by Lady Ellyn Tarbeck—alongside their cousin Stafford Lannister and two sons of Lord Prester—after Ser Tywin Lannister arrested Lord Walderan Tarbeck. The young nobles were said to have gathered near the woods of Feastfires with half a dozen common girls for the purpose of dalliances. The hostages were later exchanged at Castamere in an effort to deescalate conflict in the westerlands.
A Clash of Kings
Smallfolk from Lannisport take part in the battle on the Green Fork during the War of the Five Kings.
A Feast for Crows
Rosamund Lannister was chosen by Tyrion Lannister to accompany Myrcella Baratheon to Dorne due to their close resemblance. When Ser Arys Oakheart brings Princess Myrcella to Arianne Martell, he disguises Rosamund as Myrcella and tells everyone she has redspots.
House Lannister of Lannisport at the end of the third century
The known Lannisters of Lannisport during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Rosamund Lannister, a handmaiden to Princess Myrcella Baratheon.
- Theomore Lannister, a maester in service at White Harbor.
- Ella Lannister, married to Damon Lannister of Casterly Rock.
- Ser Emory Hill, the "Bastard of Lannisport", slain during the Dance of the Dragons.
- Unnamed Lannister of Lannisport, a salt wife to Lord Dalton Greyjoy.
- Two Lannisters of Lannisport, captives of Lady Ellyn Reyne in 261 AC along with Stafford Lannister.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 georgerrmartin.com: WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE SAMPLE
- ↑ reddit.com/r/asoiaf: AMAA w/ Elio & Linda of Westeros.org ANSWERS /r/asoiaf's top TWENTY Questions
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Voyage of Alyn Oakenfist.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 44, Jaime VI.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 29, Davos IV.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Lannister Lineage.