|House Meadows of Grassy Vale|
|Coat of arms||
A border of flowers of many colors and varieties on green|
(Vert, an orle of flowers variegated)
|Seat||Grassfield Keep, in Grassy Vale|
|Head||Lord Elwood Meadows|
|Title||Lord of Grassfield Keep|
House Meadows of Grassy Vale is a noble house from the Reach. Their castle is Grassfield Keep in or near the town of Grassy Vale. They are sworn to House Tyrell of Highgarden.
According to semi-canon sources, House Meadows blazons their shield with a border of flowers of many colors and varieties on green.
At the start of the Faith Militant uprising in 42 AC, King Maegor I Targaryen gave Lord Meadows command of six lordly hosts against nine thousand Poor Fellows at the town of Stonebridge. Led by Wat the Hewer, the Poor Fellows were caught between Lord Meadows' hosts as they attempted to cross the Mander. The poorly armed Poor Fellows were slaughtered by a charge of armored knights on heavy horses. Wat the Hewer was captured, but not before slaying half a dozen knights, including Lord Meadows.
A Clash of Kings
The young Lord Elwood Meadows, a cousin of the Fossoways, is Ser Cortnay Penrose's second-in-command at Storm's End. After Storm's End is besieged, the Fossoways tell King Stannis Baratheon that Lord Elwood will surrender the castle without a fight. After the death of Ser Cortnay, Elwood names himself the new castellan of Storm's End and surrenders the castle to Stannis.
A Storm of Swords
Stannis tasks Ser Gilbert Farring as the castellan of Storm's End with Lord Meadows as his second-in-command.
A Dance with Dragons
Lord Elwood remains loyal to Stannis as the seneschal of Storm's End.
House Meadows at the end of the third century
The known Meadows during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Elwood Meadows, the young Lord of Grassfiled Keep. A cousin to the Fossoways.
With unspecified familiar relationship with the lord of the house there is also:
- Lysa Meadows, married to Ser Olymer Tyrell. They have three children; Raymund, Rickard, and Megga.
- Lord Meadows, killed by Wat the Hewer at the Battle at Stonebridge in 42 AC.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Reach
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Grassy Vale.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.