|House Redfort of Redfort|
As Strong as Stone
|Coat of arms||
A red castle, on a white field, within a red embattled border|
(Argent, a castle within a bordure embattled gules)
|Head||Lord Horton Redfort|
|Region||Vale of Arryn|
|Title||Lord of Redfort|
|Heir||Ser Jasper Redfort|
|Founded||Age of Heroes|
House Redfort of Redfort is one of the principal noble houses in the Vale of Arryn. They blazon their arms with a red castle on a white field within a red embattled border. Their motto does not appear in the books, but according to semi-canon sources it is As Strong as Stone.
The Redforts trace their descent to the First Men that inhabited the Vale before the coming of the Andals. The Redforts allied with Robar II Royce, High King of the Vale, the Fingers and the Mountains of the Moon, against the Andals. Robar was defeated in the Battle of the Seven Stars, however, and Torgold Tollett chopped off Lord Redfort's arm during the battle. The Redforts submitted to Artys I Arryn and then served House Arryn, the Kings of Mountain and Vale.
Ser Adrian Redfort was a member of Rhaenyra Targaryen's Queensguard.
Jessamyn Redfort was a "dear companion" of Lady Jeyne Arryn, the Lady of the Eyrie. Lady Jeyne died in Jessamyn's arms in 134 AC.
Domeric Bolton squired for three years with the Redforts.
A Game of Thrones
Mya Stone tells Lady Catelyn Stark that she is in love with Mychel Redfort, one of the best young swordsmen in the Vale.
A Storm of Swords
Ser Kevan Lannister considers Lord Horton Redfort to be a dangerous man and a suitor to Lady Lysa Arryn.
The Redforts are one of the houses from the Vale who are angered that Lysa did not go to war against the Lannisters as an ally of Robb Stark, the late King in the North.
A Feast for Crows
Lord Horton is one of the six Lords Declarant at Runestone that demand Lord Petyr Baelish's resignation as Lord Protector of the Vale. During a meeting at the Eyrie, however, Littlefinger convinces the Lords Declarant to allow him a year. Horton forces Mychel to marry Ysilla Royce.
House Redfort at the end of the third century
The known Redforts during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Horton Redfort, Lord of Redfort. He has thrice wed.
- Ser Jasper Redfort, his son.
- Ser Creighton Redfort, his son.
- Ser Jon Redfort, his son.
- Ser Mychel Redfort, a new-made knight. Lord Horton's youngest son. Married to Ysilla Royce.
- Lord Redfort, slain by Torgold Tollett at the Battle of the Seven Stars.
- Ser Adrian Redfort, a knight of Rhaenyra Targaryen's Queensguard.
- Jessamyn Redfort, a "dear companion" of Lady Jeyne Arryn.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 34, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 23, Alayne I.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Vale
- ↑ The Citadel. House Mottoes
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Vale.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and the End of Regency.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 32, Reek III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 19, Tyrion III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 80, Sansa VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 17, Cersei IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 41, Alayne II.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 30, Eddard VII.