The ice dragon is a legendary species of dragon.
Ice dragons are said to roam the Shivering Sea and the White Waste. Reportedly, they are far larger than the dragons of Valyria and are made of living ice, with eyes of pale blue crystal, vast translucent wings, and breath of cold.
A Storm of Swords
A Dance with Dragons
—thoughts of Jon Snow
The Ice Dragon
In 1980 George R. R. Martin's children's book debut was The Ice Dragon. It is illustrated with pencil drawings by artist Yvonne Gilbert. Several publishers state The Ice Dragon is set in the same world as A Song of Ice and Fire, but Martin has refuted the claim.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: The Shivering Sea.
- The Sworn Sword.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 35, Jon VII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 49, Jon X.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 64, Jon VIII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 39, Jon VIII.
- Not a Blog: Dunk & Egg Ride Again (February 25th, 2015), Comment (March 2nd, 2015)