King of the Isles and the Rivers
King of the Isles and the Rivers was a title used by House Hoare when their realm included both the Iron Islands and the riverlands.
Harwyn Hoare, King of the Iron Islands, conquered the Trident from the Storm King Arrec Durrandon. Harwyn and his successors, Halleck Hoare and Harren Hoare, spent most of their reigns in the riverlands fighting against neighboring kingdoms rather than ruling from the Iron Islands. It is said of Harwyn that "His palace was a tent, his throne a saddle." Halleck ruled from a tower house at Fairmarket, while Harren the Black constructed the massive castle of Harrenhal along the Gods Eye.
The Hoare line was extinguished by Aegon the Conqueror during the War of Conquest, ending the usage of the title. The Iron Islands then passed to House Greyjoy of Pyke and the riverlands passed to House Tully of Riverrun.
- Harwyn Hoare, conqueror of the riverlands: Unknown reign dates
- Halleck Hoare, Harwyn's son: Unknown - 42 BC
- Harren Hoare, Halleck's son: 42–2 BC
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Black Blood.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands: House Tully.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Greyjoys of Pyke.
- ↑ Harwyn reigned until his death at the age of sixty-four (The World of Ice and Fire, The Riverlands).
- ↑ Halleck reigned for at least three years (The World of Ice and Fire, The Iron Islands: The Black Blood).