Knight of Cornfield
|Knight of Cornfield|
|Office||Ruler of Cornfield|
|Current Holder||Ser Harys Swyft|
|Heir||Ser Steffon Swyft|
Like many others, Ser Harys Swyft borrowed large sums of money from House Lannister during the rule of Tytos Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock. When Tytos's heir, Ser Tywin Lannister, demanded repayment of the gold, Ser Harys, unable to repay it, surrendered his daughter, Dorna, as a hostage into the custody of Tywin's younger brother, Ser Kevan Lannister, until the debt was settled.
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
Known Knight of Cornfield
- At the start of A Song of Ice and Fire, House Swyft is a knightly house holding the title of "Knight of Cornfield". As there was a "Lord Swyft" during the Dance of the Dragons, it is possible the Swyfts were once a lordly house who held the title of "Lord of Cornfield". If so, the house lost its lordly status sometimes in between the Dance of the Dragons and the War of the Ninepenny Kings (130–260 AC).
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 30, Arya VII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 38, Tyrion V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 17, Cersei IV.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 39, Cersei IX.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 43, Cersei X.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 54, Cersei I.
- A Dance with Dragons, Epilogue.