Lord of the Hornwood
Lord of the Hornwood is a title held by the rulers of the Hornwood, forested land ruled by House Hornwood in the north.
A Game of Thrones
Lord Halys Hornwood and his son and heir, Daryn, are killed at the Battle of the Green Fork.
A Clash of Kings
Lord Hornwood's widow, Lady Donella, becomes Lady of the Hornwood after the deaths of her husband and son. The Hornwood succession is discussed at the harvest feast of Winterfell. Lord Wyman Manderly considers marrying himself or his son Wendel to Lady Donella, and claim her lands. Lord Leobald Tallhart proposes that his younger son, Beren, be made Lord of the Hornwood and adopt the Hornwood name, as his wife Berena is the sister of Lord Halys. The Flints and Karstarks are said to have ties to the Hornwood in the female line, as well. Prince Brandon Stark considers Larence Snow as a possible candidate, the bastard son of the late Lord Hornwood.
Ramsay Snow, the Bastard of Bolton, later claims the lands of House Hornwood after forcibly marrying Lady Donella. Ramsay then starves Donella to death in a locked tower.
A Dance with Dragons
The now-legitimized Ramsay Bolton styles himself Lord of the Hornwood during his marriage to "Arya Stark" (actually Jeyne Poole) at Winterfell.
Known Lords of the Hornwood
- Halys Hornwood
- Donella Hornwood, his widow, Lady of the Hornwood after the death of her husband and son
- Ramsay Bolton, after forcibly marrying Lady Donella
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 20, Reek II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 16, Bran II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 35, Bran V.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 37, The Prince of Winterfell.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.