The Lion Gate is one of the seven huge gates that surround the huge walls of King's Landing. It is located near the center of the southwest wall. The Goldroad to Lannisport in Westerlands starts at the Lion Gate.
In the reign of Maegor I Targaryen, Maegor had his own wife and queen, Alys Harroway, tortured to death and executed. Following her death, Alys's body was cut into seven parts and mounted on spikes above each of the seven gates of the city, one of which was above the Lion Gate.
A Feast for Crows
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, King's Landing.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.
- The Sons of the Dragon.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Maegor I.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and the End of Regency.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 7, Cersei II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.