Lord Darry (father of Raymun)
|Title||Lord of Darry|
|Died||In 299 AC (possibly)|
Lord Darry was a Lord of Darry and head of House Darry. He was the father of Ser Raymun, Mariya, and Jeyne Darry. It is unclear if he is still alive at the start of A Song of Ice and Fire, and his given name has not been mentioned yet.[N 1]
In Lord Darry's days, House Darry stood high in King Aerys II Targaryen's favor. At the start of Robert's Rebellion, the Darrys sided with House Targaryen instead of their liege lord, House Tully. Three of Lord Darry's sons died in the Battle of the Trident. With the fall of the Targaryens, the Darrys lost half their lands, most of their wealth, and almost all their power.
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
After the Battle of the Camps, Robb allows the riverlords to return to their lands. Lyman recaptures Castle Darry, but he is killed less than a fortnight later in the sack of Darry by Ser Gregor Clegane. Lyman is not formally called "Lord of Darry", but Ser Brynden Blackfish refers to him as Darry's lord.
With Lyman's death, the male line of House Darry is extinguished. The female line still lives through Lord Darry's two daughters, Mariya and Jeyne, both married to members of House Frey. A bastard cousin remains as well.
A Storm of Swords
When the brotherhood without banners lists victims of House Lannister to the captured Sandor Clegane, Tom of Sevenstreams includes "Ser Raymun, Lord Darry, young Lord Darry". It is unclear if "Lord Darry" is referring to Raymun, or if his father had been killed recently in the War of the Five Kings. If the latter, Lord Darry must have died sometime at the beginning of 299 AC and then have been succeeded by Lyman for a short time.
A Feast for Crows
Mariya's daughter, Amerei Frey, becomes Lady of Darry through her marriage to Darry's new lord, Lancel Lannister. Lancel does not show any interest in his lordship or wife, though. Mariya agrees with Ser Jaime Lannister that the smallfolk will not abandon the brotherhood until they come to love Lancel as much as they once loved her father.
|Pate of the|
- Ser Raymun Darry has not been formally called Lord of Darry in A Song of Ice and Fire, although Eddard Stark thinks of him as Darry's lord in A Game of Thrones, Eddard III. In A Storm of Swords, Arya VI, Tom of Sevenstreams mentions "Ser Raymun Darry, Lord Darry, young Lord Darry"; it is not confirmed if "Lord Darry" refers to Raymun or possibly his father.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 34, Arya VI.
- A Game of Thrones: d20-based Open Gaming RPG, The World of A Game of Thrones: Riverlands
- A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide, Banners of the Riverlands
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Epilogue.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 28, Catelyn V.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 16, Eddard III.
- Westeros.org: Small Questions, April 30, 2020
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn VIII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.