Lord Harroway's Town
Lord Harroway's Town, called Harroway town or Harroway for short, is a town in the riverlands that sits along the Trident, upriver of the ruby ford. It is the seat of House Roote but is named after extinct House Harroway.
Harroway has a seven-sided sept, a two-story inn, and a stone roundtower, Harroway Tower. A wide, flat-bottomed boat at the ferry has a dozen oarlocks, a wooden house on its deck, and is decorated with two carved horse heads.
After the extinction of House Harroway, King Maegor I Targaryen decreed that the strongest of his knights could win Harrenhal. Ser Walton Towers was the victor of twenty-three household knights who fought in the streets of Harroway for the honor. However, Lord Harroway's Town was given to Lord Alton Butterwell.
Before the river moved some seventy to eighty years before the War of the Five Kings, one could take a ferry across the Trident from the inn at the crossroads to the road that led to Lord Harroway's Town and Whitewalls.
A Storm of Swords
Arya Stark and Sandor Clegane find Lord Harroway's Town flooded when the Trident overflows its banks. They ferry across aboard the two-headed horse boat, but the Hound refuses to pay the ferrymen golden dragons.
A Feast for Crows
Chapters that take place at Lord Harroway's Town
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 47, Arya IX.
- So Spake Martin: The Rootes and Harroway, June 16, 2000
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands: House Tully.
- A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- The Sons of the Dragon.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 37, Brienne VII.