Lord of Bronzegate
|Lord of Bronzegate|
|Office||Ruler of Bronzegate|
|Current Holder||Lord Ralph Buckler|
Lord of Bronzegate is a title held by the head of House Buckler, the ruler of Bronzegate in the stormlands.
During Aegon's Conquest, Lords Buckler, Errol, and Fell opposed Orys Baratheon during his march from the Aegonfort toward Storm's End, but the storm lords were forced to retreat when Rhaenys Targaryen had Meraxes set afire with dragonflame parts of what is now the southern kingswood.
At the start of the Dance of the Dragons, Lord Buckler was at court in King's Landing. He was imprisoned in the dungeons under the Red Keep along with other lords suspected to support Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen over her half-brother, King Aegon II Targaryen. When brought in front of the king, Lord Buckler refused to support Aegon and was thus beheaded by the King's Justice.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Ralph Buckler is a guest at King Joffrey's royal wedding, during which he proposes a toast.
Known Lords of Bronzegate
- Lord Buckler, ruling during Aegon's Conquest.
- Lord Buckler, ruling at the beginning of the Dance of the Dragons.
- Lord Ralph Buckler, the current Lord of Bronzegate.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 60, Tyrion VIII.