Lordsport in Game of Thrones
|Location||Pyke, Iron Islands|
Lord Sawane Botley (ACoK)|
Lord Germund Botley (ADwD)
Half the size of Lord Hewett's Town, Lordsport is located near a wooded point with pine-clad bluffs. It contains the small castle of House Botley. Lordsport provides safe anchor for those who wish to reach the castle of Pyke, seat of House Greyjoy. Otter Gimpknee's inn is located near the landing.
During Greyjoy's Rebellion, Lordsport and its timber and wattle keep were the first places on Pyke to fall when King Robert I Baratheon and his forces landed on the island. The keep and the village were razed and the sept was burned to the ground.
Lordsport was rebuilt by its smallfolk, who used the stones from the burned remnants and cut new thatch for their roofs. Otter Gimpknee's inn at the harbor doubled in size. The sept was not rebuilt, however, as the ironmen prefer the Drowned God over the Faith of the Seven, the religion of the victorious Robert. Lord Sawane Botley rebuilt his stronghold as a small square keep atop a hill; the banners of House Botley droop from the castle's squat corner towers.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
It is reported that Euron had Sawane Botley, Lord of Lordsport, drowned because he recognized Balon's heir to be Theon, not Euron. Ralf of Lordsport comes from the town, whose new lord is Germund Botley.
Lordsport has no lack of strong arms.
Chapters that take place at Lordsport
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands map.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 11, Theon I.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands.
- In A Clash of Kings, Chapter 11, it is also described as a village.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 31, Brienne VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Black Blood.
- Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 1, The Prophet.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.