Master of Deepwood Motte
|Master of Deepwood Motte|
|Office||Ruler of Deepwood Motte|
|Current Holder||Galbart Glover|
A Game of Thrones
Galbart Glover supports Robb Stark, participating in the battle in the Whispering Wood and the Battle of the Camps. He objects to supporting King Joffrey I Baratheon and is in attendance when Robb is proclaimed King in the North at Riverrun.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
After receiving news of the death of Balon Greyjoy, King of the Isles and the North, Robb advances his plan to retake Moat Cailin while Lord Captain Victarion Greyjoy is away. Galbart is ordered by Robb to go with Lord Jason Mallister and Lady Maege Mormont to Seagard and sail up the Neck to find Greywater Watch so that the crannogmen can direct Robb's army around the rear of the ancient fortress. Robb is killed in the Red Wedding, however. Though Jason later remains at Seagard, Galbart's and Maege's whereabouts are currently unknown.
A Dance with Dragons
Asha returns to Deepwood Motte after she fails to be elected queen at the kingsmoot, though she and her followers abandon the motte-and-bailey when Stannis Baratheon and the northern mountain clans appear to retake the seat. Galbart is restored as Master, though his whereabouts are still unknown. With her husband a prisoner in White Harbor and her children at Ten Towers, Sybelle Glover takes charge of Deepwood Motte and sends trackers and hunters to guide Stannis's army.
Known Masters of Deepwood Motte
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Kings of Winter.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 63, Catelyn X.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 39, Catelyn V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 26, The Wayward Bride.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 42, The King's Prize.