Master of horse
The master of horse is a position in a castle household, usually occupied by a lowborn man. The master of horse oversees the training and breeding of horses. He has authority over stableboys and stablehands.
A Game of Thrones
Hullen is a part of the entourage accompanying Lord Eddard Stark south when he is named Hand of the King by King Robert I. Upon Hullen's departure, he gives up the position of master of horse at Winterfell, and is replaced by Joseth.
A Clash of Kings
His fate following the sack and burning of Winterfell by Ramsay Snow is unknown. However, as Ramsay takes the women and children of Winterfell back to the Dreadfort, it is likely Joseth died during the sack.
Known masters of horse
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 37, Bran V.
- The Hedge Knight.
- Fire & Blood, A Time of Testing - The Realm Remade.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 1, Bran I.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 14, Catelyn III.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 50, Theon IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.