From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Milk brother or milk brothers usually refers to two infants of different parents who were nursed simultaneously by the same woman.
A Storm of Swords
Twelve year-old Edric Dayne tells Arya Stark that Jon Snow is his milk brother, but Edric was stretching the term a little as Jon is four years older than him, and had long been parted from Wylla's breasts by the time Edric came along.
Known milk brothers
- Edric Dayne and Jon Snow, both nursed by Wylla, Edric because his mother did not have enough milk for him when he was born.
- Arianne Martell and Garin of the Orphans, both nursed by Garin's mother.
- Gilly's son, and Mance Rayder and Dalla's son Aemon Steelsong, both nursed by Gilly because Dalla had died in childbirth)
- Jacaerys Velaryon and Daeron Targaryen, both nursed by the same wet nurse because King Viserys I wanted them to be raised together without enmity.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 So Spake Martin: Milk Brothers, Dragons, and Foreshadowing (November 04, 2001)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 43, Arya VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 75, Samwell IV.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- ↑ The Rogue Prince.