Moon Boy by The Mico ©
House Baratheon of King's Landing|
A Game of Thrones (appears)|
A Clash of Kings (appears)
A Storm of Swords (appears)
A Feast for Crows (appears)
A Dance with Dragons (mentioned)
- See also: Images of Moon Boy
A Game of Thrones
Moon Boy performs during the royal feast during the Hand's tourney, making witticisms about the various nobles in attendance and walking on stilts. His song about the High Septon makes Septa Mordane laugh.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
At the breakfast before Joffrey's wedding to Margaery Tyrell, Moon Boy makes farting sounds with his cheeks and sings rude songs about the guests. During the feast following the wedding, Moon Boy chases Butterbumps on stilts and pelts Dontos with dates.
After Ser Jaime Lannister confesses to Tyrion that Tysha was never in fact a whore, Tyrion becomes furious and tells Jaime that their sister Cersei, Jaime's longtime lover, has been having sex with their cousin, Ser Lancel Lannister, and Ser Osmund Kettleblack. Tyrion sarcastically adds, "and probably Moon Boy for all I know."
A Feast for Crows
Moon Boy and Butterbumps entertain during the wedding feast of King Tommen I Baratheon and Margaery. The fool capers when Cersei, the Queen Regent, meets with members of the merchants guilds. When Tommen is permitted to name the last five of Cersei's dromonds, he chooses Moon Boy for one, but is dissuaded by the master of ships, Aurane Waters.
At Darry, Jaime confronts his cousin Lancel about Cersei. Lancel admits that he had sex with her, and Jaime wonders how many more men his sister has slept with. He then wonders if Tyrion's comment about Moon Boy was just a gibe. Jaime later has a dream where he finds his sister having sex with Moon Boy, after which he kills the fool and smashes Cersei's teeth to splinters.
A Dance with Dragons
Jaime continues to be bothered by Tyrion's remark about Cersei and Moon Boy.
—Sansa Stark's thoughts
Tyrion: Our present High Septon is a trained seal who barks prettily on command. Moon Boy is more like to annul my marriage than he is.
Tywin: Perhaps I should have married Sansa Stark to Moon Boy. He might have known what to do with her.
—Cersei Lannister's thoughts
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Moon Boy.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 43, Cersei X.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 62, Sansa VII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 29, Tyrion VII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 60, Sansa VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 18, Sansa II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 52, Sansa IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 2, Sansa I.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 20, Tyrion V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 28, Sansa III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 59, Sansa IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 77, Tyrion XI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 24, Cersei V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 28, Cersei VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 36, Cersei VIII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 48, Jaime I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 32, Tyrion IV.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 8, Jaime I.