From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Theories may be removed if ...|
- "Night's King" and "The Great Other" both have 13 letters. The Night's King was the 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, and he ruled for 13 years.
- Both have forbidden real names.
- In Game of Thrones, the television adaptation of the books, the progenitor and ruler of the Others (called White Walkers in the show) is called the Night King. George R. R. Martin has commented on this, saying that he prefers the name "Night's King", suggesting that these are indeed meant to be the same character in the books and that the number of letters is significant.
- In the TV show, there are 13 White Walkers present at the Battle of Winterfell including the Night King, further supporting the theory that Night King = Night's King.
- Besides Melisandre stating her own belief that the Others are the "cold children" of the Great Other, the Great Other has never been explicitly stated to be affiliated with the Others.