Pact of Ice and Fire
The Pact of Ice and Fire was an alliance between Houses Stark and Targaryen arranged during the Dance of the Dragons.
At the start of the civil war, Prince Jacaerys Velaryon flew to Winterfell to gain House Stark and the North for the cause of his mother, Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen. According to Mushroom, Prince Jacaerys secretly married Lord Cregan Stark's bastard sister, Sara Snow, which led to the pact. It was agreed that the firstborn daughter of Prince Jacaerys would marry Lord Cregan's son and heir, Rickon.
Lord Roderick Dustin led the Winter Wolves to join the blacks, while House Manderly also contributed knights to Rhaenyra's side. Lord Cregan himself led a host to King's Landing near the end of the war, but they arrived after the death of King Aegon II Targaryen.
Cregan briefly governed in the capital as Hand of the King during the Hour of the Wolf. Although a royal princess never did marry into the Starks, Cregan gained many rewards for his support of King Aegon III Targaryen.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon II.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon III.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Lords of Winterfell.