Pate of the Blue Fork
|Died||In 299 AC, the riverlands|
Ser Pate of the Blue Fork, also known as Ser Pate of Sevenstreams, is a hedge knight from Sevenstreams in the northern riverlands.
Pate the hedge knight married Amerei Frey, the eldest daughter of Merrett Frey, after she was caught in the stables of the Twins having sex with three grooms at the same time. Pate's cousin, Tom of Sevenstreams, sang at his wedding to Amerei, but Pate did not want to pay for his singing.
A Clash of Kings
Amerei Frey is widowed because of Pate's death.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Walder Frey tells Robb Stark he had negotiated a marriage between his granddaughter Amerei and Pate, but Pate was then killed by Ser Gregor Clegane during the War of the Five Kings.
A Feast for Crows
When Jaime Lannister visits Castle Darry, Lady Amerei tells how Pate had sworn to kill Gregor when House Frey was still supporting Robb.
I sang at your daughter's wedding. And passing well, I thought. That Pate she married was a cousin. We're all cousins in Sevenstreams. Didn't stop him from turning niggard when it was time to pay me.
I begged him not to go, but my Pate was oh so very brave, and swore he was the man to slay that monster. He wanted to make a great name for himself.
- ↑ Though it is unknown when exactly Pate died, House Frey fought for House Stark only during 299 AC. As Pate died whilst fighting for Robb Stark, his death thus also occurred in 299 AC.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 49, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 A Storm of Swords, Epilogue.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.