Reznak mo Reznak
|Reznak mo Reznak|
Reznak mo Reznak. Fan art by Paul Phillips©.
|Title||Seneschal of Meereen|
|Book||A Dance with Dragons (appears)|
Reznak mo Reznak is the Ghiscari seneschal of the city of Meereen.
Appearance and Character
- See also: Images of Reznak mo Reznak
Reznak is a small man, fleshy and bald from age. He wears lots of perfume. He speaks the local form of bastard Valyrian with a thick accent. His smile seems slimy and oily. Reznak's manner of speech tends to be excessively flattering towards his superiors.
A Dance with Dragons
After Daenerys Targaryen takes Meereen, Reznak serves her as seneschal, though Dany is often mistrustful of the man. Her suspicion grows after Quaithe's warning to "beware the perfumed seneschal"; it is unknown if this refers to Reznak or not. Ser Barristan Selmy shares his queen's mistrust of the man, believing that a man should smell of sweat, not perfume. Reznak opposes much of the advice Skahaz mo Kandaq gives Daenerys on how to handle the Sons of the Harpy. When Hizdahr zo Loraq becomes King of Meereen after Daenerys's disappearance, Reznak is one of the few of Daenerys's council who are not dismissed. When Skahaz and Barristan agree to take over the rule of Meereen, they decide to take Reznak into custody until they can be certain of his loyalty. However, during the night of the coupe, the dragons Viserion and Rhaegal escape. It is Reznak who rushes to Hizdahr's chambers to inform him of this, while Barristan is present. His appearance makes Barristan wonder if something went wrong in their plans. It is implied that Reznak was eventually taken into custody, following Hizdahr's own arrest.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 2, Daenerys I.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 55, The Queensguard.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 23, Daenerys IV.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 59, The Discarded Knight.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 52, Daenerys IX.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 67, The Kingbreaker.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 70, The Queen's Hand.