The Sealord's menagerie is a collection of animals owned by the Sealord of Braavos. Originating from throughout the known world, the magnificent beasts and birds live at the Sealord's Palace.
In 54 AC Elissa Farman sold three stolen dragon eggs to the Sealord of Braavos, whose menagerie was famous.
During Lord Alyn's attack in the Daughters' War in 133 AC, House Velaryon captured an elephant which had been meant for the Sealord's menagerie. Lord Manfryd Mooton returned the elephant to the Sealord as part of his diplomatic efforts to prevent war.
A Game of Thrones
Syrio Forel tells Arya Stark about the various animals in the Sealord's menagerie.
Hear me. The ships of Braavos sail as far as the winds blow, to lands strange and wonderful, and when they return their captains fetch queer animals to the Sealord's menagerie. Such animals as you have never seen, striped horses, great spotted things with necks as long as stilts, hairy mouse-pigs as big as cows, stinging manticores, tigers that carry their cubs in a pouch, terrible walking lizards with scythes for claws. Syrio Forel has seen these things.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 22, Arya II.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: Braavos.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Birth, Death, and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 50, Arya IV.