A Clash of Kings
Shadd is one of the twenty guardsmen who accompany Lady Catelyn Stark south to meet with Renly Baratheon and Stannis Baratheon. He complains about stiffness in his back, stirs oats into a kettle, and brews tea after finding nettles.
Catelyn orders Hallis Mollen and a small honor guard to escort the silent sisters who are to bring the bones of Lord Eddard Stark back to Winterfell. Unbeknownst to Catelyn, however, ironmen led by Victarion Greyjoy have already moved to take Moat Cailin, and Theon Greyjoy is on his way to take Winterfell as well.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Hallis and his party continue their journey.
A Dance with Dragons
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 39, Catelyn V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 37, Theon III.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 41, The Turncloak.