Skyreach is the seat of House Fowler in Dorne. It is located at the southern end of the Prince's Pass, south of Kingsgrave and near a river that flows east to Yronwood.
Skyreach is carved into the stone which overlooks the Prince's Pass, the shortest and easiest route through the Red Mountains from Dorne to the Reach. The castle is known for its lofty perch and soaring towers.
The ancient castle of Skyreach was home to the First Men lords of House Fowler who called themselves Kings of Stone and Sky.
When King Aegon I Targaryen invaded Dorne during the First Dornish War, he took Skyreach by storm. After Aegon returned to King's Landing, however, Skyreach was retaken by Dornish spearmen. After Lord Fowler burned Nightsong, Aegon vowed to make Skyreach a "second Harrenhal" and used the dragonflame of Balerion against the castle.
While growing up, Tyrion Lannister heard reports of a dwarf jester at Skyreach.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Map of the South
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: Kingdoms of the First Men.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Reign of the Dragon - The Wars of King Aegon I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 33, Tyrion VIII.