From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Stonehelm is a castle in the stormlands and is the ancient seat of House Swann. The castle is situated in the Red Watch region of the eastern Dornish Marches, on Cape Wrath along the coast of the Sea of Dorne.
Stonehelm's watchtowers are made of black and white stone.
Stonehelm was built to oversee the Slayne. During the coming of the Andals to the stormlands, a battle on the river Slayne occurred near the castle.
During the Second Dornish War, the Vulture King divided his forces and sent Lord Walter Wyl to attack Stonehelm. Lord Orys Baratheon smashed the Dornish host beneath the walls of Stonehelm, however, and captured Walter.
Fletcher Dick was raised in a village near Stonehelm.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 67, Jaime VIII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 2, Sansa I.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Stonehelm.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands: The Men of the Stormlands.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands: Andals in the Stormlands.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands: House Baratheon.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.