Warden of the West
Warden of the West is a title bestowed on the most prominent house of the westerlands by the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms since the War of Conquest. All known Wardens of the West have been from House Lannister. Traditionaly, the title is held by the head of the house, the Lord of Casterly Rock.
The initial appointment of a warden in western Westeros was likely to deal with the ironborn, who were prone to reaving and pirating along Sunset Sea and the western shores.
Known Wardens of the West
- Lord Loren Lannister (1 AC-?)
- Lord Lyman Lannister (?–59 AC)
- Lord Tymond Lannister
- Lord Jason Lannister (?–130 AC)
- Lord Loreon Lannister (130 AC-?)
- Lord Damon Lannister (?–210 AC)
- Lord Tybolt Lannister (210–212 AC)
- Lord Gerold Lannister (213–244 AC)
- Lord Tytos Lannister (244–267 AC)
- Lord Tywin Lannister (267–300 AC)
- Ser Daven Lannister (300 AC–)
A Feast for Crows
After the death of Lord Tywin Lannister, Queen Regent Cersei Lannister grants the title to Ser Daven Lannister, who would have preferred that the load were entrusted to Ser Kevan Lannister. However, Ser Kevan was refused the title after he rejected the post of Hand of the King after Cersei refused to name him Tommen's Regent.