Lady Catelyn Stark is the wife of Lord Eddard Stark, the Lord of Winterfell, and the mother of Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon Stark. Born into House Tully of Riverrun, Catelyn has the classical Tully look: long auburn hair and blue eyes. Catelyn is the eldest daughter of Lord Hoster Tully and Lady Minisa Whent. Following the deaths of her two older brothers in the cradle, Hoster regarded Catelyn as his heir until the birth of her youngest sibling, Edmure. Catelyn grew up in her father's castle and was close to her younger sister Lysa and her father's ward, Petyr Baelish. She also had a close relationship with her father, and acted as the Lady of Riverrun for him after her mother died in childbirth.
At the age of twelve, Catelyn was betrothed to Brandon Stark, the heir to Winterfell. When in 282 AC Brandon was on his way to Riverrun for their wedding, news reached him of the disappearance of his sister Lyanna and the involvement of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen. He traveled to King's Landing in anger, threatening the life of the prince, which resulted in the execution of himself and his father Rickard. Robert's Rebellion broke out shortly after, during which Catelyn was married to Brandon's younger brother, Eddard Stark, now the Lord of Winterfell. She gave birth to their eldest child, Robb, nine months later, while Eddard was still at war.
Though the presence of Eddard bastard son Jon Snow at Winterfell and Eddard's refusal to speak of the boy's mother have caused frictions in their marriage, Catelyn and Eddard grew to love each other, and their marriage became a happy one. Read more...
- "Better to mock the game than to play and lose." – Genna Lannister 
- “Here’s your law.” – Gold Cloak soldier, drawing out a shortsword
“That’s no law, just a sword. Happens I got one, too.” – Yoren 
- "Do you have any notion what happens when a city is sacked, Sansa? No, you wouldn’t, would you? All you know of life you learned from singers, and there is such a dearth of good sacking songs." – Cersei Lannister 
Did you know...
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 5, Arya II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 5, Tyrion II.
- ↑ The Mystery Knight.
- ↑ Rhaenys and Aegon were the children of Rhaegar Targaryen and Elia Martell. Elia was the sister of Oberyn Martell (A Game of Thrones, Appendix). The eight Sand Snakes are Oberyn's bastard daughters (A Feast for Crows, Appendix)
About the Wiki
Ten sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.