From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Year 259 After the Conquest (259 AC) is a year in the Westerosi calendar, the 259th after Aegon's crowning in Oldtown that maesters and educated people use as a reference to date the years.
It was the year of the Tragedy of Summerhall, when king Aegon's attempts to hatch dragons lead to his death and many others.
- Maester Pycelle is made Grand Maester and send to King's Landing, to serve the court.
- The Tragedy of Summerhall.
- Joanna Lannister arrives at King’s Landing, to serve as Princess Rhaella’s lady-in-waiting.
- Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, son of Prince Aerys Targaryen and Princess Rhaella Targaryen
- King Aegon V Targaryen.
- Prince Duncan Targaryen, under unknown circumstances, during the Tragedy of Summerhall.
- Ser Duncan the Tall Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.
- Many others, at the Tragedy of Summerhall
- Grand Maester Merion.
Titles and Appointments
- Prince Jaehaerys Targaryen is crowned as King Jaehaerys II Targaryen.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 25, Eddard V.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 35, Samwell IV.
- ↑ See the calculation for: Merion
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.